Free publicity is good, but you need to provide enough information to make it useful for our visitors. Be sure to include as many of these as possible: the event's name, dates of the event, where it will be held, cost and how to buy tickets (or if it's free, let us know), contact person and phone number, website address. A brief description of what it's about is also good.
Disclaimer: Because of time and space constraints, I cannot guarantee to publish every event submitted. Tell Us About Your Event
Discover Your Parks Summer Evening Walks
- In cooperation with Washoe County, City of Reno, and City of Sparks, Truckee Meadows Parks Foundation is leading weekly interpretive hikes in a park near you! Every Thursday evening at 7:00 pm, explore a new location and learn about the natural and cultural history of parks in our area. Plan on spending a little more than one hour on the walk. Check out the website www.tmparksfoundation.org for more information. Explorations begin June 5th and continue every Thursday through the end of August. The walks are free and open to everyone.
Schedule of featured parks:
June 5th, Idlewild Park
June 12th, Sparks Marina Park
June 19th, Sun Valley Regional Park
June 26th, Virginia Lake Park
July 3, Rock Park
July 10, Bartley Ranch Regional Park
July 17, Oxbow Nature Study Area Trail
July 24, Wedekind Regional Park
July 31, Rancho San Rafael and May Museum Tour
August 7, Paradise Park
August 14, Pah Rah Trail & Golden Eagle Sports Complex
August 21, Crystal Peak Park
August 28, Tom Cooke Trail
3rd Annual MDA Charity Golf Tournament
- Aug. 3, 2014. The National Association of Letter Carriers Branch 2778 out of Sparks Nevada is hosting this charity golf tournament on August 3 2014 at Wildcreek Golf Course in Sparks to benefit the Muscular Dystrophy Association of Nevada. The tournament begins at 8 AM with a modified shotgun start. The entry fee of $65 includes a $25 donation directly to the charity, green fees, cart,range balls, free entry in a hole in one contest and a great barbeque ribs and chicken lunch following the tournament. Free drinks will be provided on the 10th hole and a post tournament raffle with several great prizes will be conducted during the luncheon. We still have room for many participants, so please join us and spread the word so that we may continue to support this worthwhile charity. Please call 775-453-5288 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for registration details or further information. Registration deadline is July 27 2014
Thunderbird Wine & Cheese Tours
- July-Aug. 2014. This new and unique tour of the historic Thunderbird Lodge is offered Fridays only, July - August at 2:30 p.m. It includes a Curator’s Welcome in the Old Lodge, a docent-guided walking tour of the estate, intricate gardens, and fabulous water features. Following the tour, experience the Thunderbird magic while you sip fine wines and relish an array of chef-prepared appetizers. Extra time is allowed to enjoy the grounds, and a portion of the tour is a charitable contribution.
• Every Friday, July – August at 2:30 p.m.
• Adults only (must be 21+ to be served alcohol)
• Call 1-800-GO-TAHOE for reservations
- —Guest Lindsey
Thunderbird Lake Tahoe Public Tours
- Peek into the 1930’s lifestyle of the rich and famous….waterfalls, winding pathways, a Card House with poker stories, and secret tunnels are just the beginning. Known as Tahoe’s “Castle-in-the-Sky”, escape into a world that only a privileged few have dreamed of, and enjoy the legendary story of George Whittell’s Thunderbird Lodge and the world famous Thunderbird Yacht.
Docent-guided tours take visitors on an hour and 15 minute walk through the stone mansion and grounds to reveal the mystery and legacy of the enigmatic George Whittell, Jr. Thunderbird Lodge is open for public tours via land or water May through October, and year-round for private tours and special events.
Legend springs to life as you discover the Lighthouse Room, Old Lodge, the servant's quarters with original kitchen, as well as the 600' underground tunnel leading to the cavernous Boathouse. In the Boathouse resides the legendary wooden speedboat, Thunderbird. The one-of-a-kind yacht is powered by twin Allis
- —Guest Lindsey
2014 RENO PET EXPO,
- Saturday, November 1, 2014, from 10:00 am - 6:00 pm, INDOORS at Reno Sparks Convention Center with FREE ADMISSION!
Special appearance by SHORTY ROSSI (and his pit bull, Hercules), star of ‘PIT BOSS’ on Animal Planet, 165+ PET-FRIENDLY EXHIBITORS and RESCUE GROUPS, live demonstrations in AGILITY, OBEDIENCE TRAINING, PET CARE & ACTIVISM, great giveaways and PRIZES, DISCOUNTS on your favorite pet products, talent and COSTUME CONTEST, fabulous RETAILERS and much more FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY! MEGA-ADOPTION event sponsored by Banfield Pet Hospitals will have more than 300 pets available for adoption.
For more information, visit us at www.renopetexpo.com or join us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/renopetexpo), shoot us an email at email@example.com or give us a call at 800-977-3609.
View our website for directions, vaccination pricing, exhibitor list, entertainment schedules and more.FREE ADMISSION. See you there!
- —Guest Tracy Hayes