Reno offers numerous activities and programs designed for senior citizens. Older adults can use these resources through programs like Senior Travelers, the Senior Dance Club, Brunch and a Movie Club, the Community Garden, and the Sierra Nevada Senior Games. For a complete listing of available programs and services, download the Senior Services brochure
from Reno Parks, Recreation & Community Services.
Available Senior Programs
- Senior Connection Newsletter - Published monthly, the newsletter is designed to keep residents current on activities, events and news relevant to older adults.
- Senior Travelers - For seniors who like to travel and just want to sit back, relax, and enjoy the scenery.
- Senior Dance Club - Hosts monthly dances at the Neil Road Recreation Center.
- Brunch & a Movie Club - After brunch, head to a local movie theater with friends. Transportation is provided.
- Community Garden - Teglia's Paradise Park Community Garden Program is a great opportunity to grow some of your own food and socialize with other community gardeners.
- Sierra Nevada Senior Games - Popular athletic event for active seniors who want to compete with others their age. The Schedule of Events lists dates, times, and locations for the various competitions.
Reno Senior Programs Locations
- Teglia's Paradise Park Activity Center, 2745 Elementary Drive
- Neil Road Recreation Center, 3925 Neil Road
- Northeast Community Center, 1301 Valley Road
- McKinley Arts & Culture Center, 925 Riverside Drive
More Information and Resources for Reno Seniors
Sources: City of Reno press releases, Reno Parks, Recreation & Community Services.