The Bottom Line
- Unusually good pizza with unique combinations of ingredients
- Fast service by experienced servers
- Reasonable prices
- It's not freezing in here
- The coffee I had was bad
- Dinnertime on weekends is packed; you'll wait for a table
- Unusual choices on the pizza menu, all good
- Micro-brews and quality wine (bottles, not boxes)
- Desserts just as good as the rest of the food
- Staff is friendly, attentive, and competent
- Family-friendly with long tables for big groups
- Cool Black Rock Desert mural takes up one entire wall
- Reasonable prices; you really get what you pay for
Guide Review - Black Rock Pizza
Speaking of pizza, here are some of the Nevada-themed choices: Cowboy Poetry, Sage Brush, Playa, Tin Horn, Mt. Rose, and Spaghetti Western. I have yet to meet one I didn't like.
Black Rock Pizza is popular. If you get there around dinnertime most any day, expect to wait, especially if you want one of the few booths. I have waited because it's worth it, though usually not for long. People come here to eat good food, not to linger for hours over drinks.
Black Rock Pizza is in the Sparks Mercantile Center at McCarran Blvd. & Pyramid Highway in Sparks. 2855 N. McCarran Blvd., Sparks, NV 89431. (775) 356-1771.