The City of Reno has four public swimming pools, two of which are outdoors and operate on a seasonal basis during the summer months. Sparks Parks & Rec operates four public swimming pools, three two of which are outdoors and operate on a seasonal basis during the summer months.
Public Swimming Pools in Reno
The City of Reno has four public swimming pools, two of which are outdoors and operate on a seasonal basis during the summer months. Be sure to check Reno's Aquatics & Pools web page for current information about hours and days of operation and fees. For specific hours of operation and fees for the 2013 summer season, visit the 2013 schedule for all four Reno pools. For specific pools, use the links below.
- Evelyn Mount Northeast Community Center, 1301 Valley Road (indoor) - 2013 summer schedule
- Northwest Pool, 2925 Apollo Way (indoor) - 2013 summer schedule
- Idlewild Pool, 1805 Idlewild Drive (outdoor, seasonal) - 2013 summer schedule
- Traner Pool, 1600 Carville Drive (outdoor, seasonal) - 2013 summer schedule
Other Services at Reno Public Swimming Pools
In addition to swimming and water play, Reno Parks, Recreation & Community Services offers swimming lessons, water fitness classes, kayak roll sessions, and American Red Cross Lifeguard Training and Water Safety Instructor courses. For information on all of these services, visit the Reno Aquatics and Pools web page or call (775) 334-2262.
Swimming lessons are offered at these pools. Check the 2013 summer schedule for times, dates, and fees.
- Northwest Pool: (775) 334-2203
- Evelyn Mount Community Center Pool: (775) 334-2262
Public Swimming Pools in Sparks
Sparks Parks and Recreation operates four public swimming pools. Outdoor pools operate on a seasonal basis during the summer months. Be sure to check the Sparks Parks and Recreation website for days of operation and fees (if any) at each facility. Note that the Oppio Park Pool is not open this season.
- Alf Sorenson Community Center, 1400 Baring Blvd. (indoor, year round)
- Sparks Marina Park, 300 Howard Drive (outdoor, seasonal, free)
- Deer Park Pool, 1700 Prater Way, opens Saturday (outdoor, seasonal)
- Oppio Park Pool, 2355 18th Street (pool is closed, rest of park is open)
Swimming Hours and Dates at Sparks Marina Park
Recreational swimming is only permitted at the designated north beach swim area. Lifeguards will be on duty between 12 noon and 4 p.m. during these 2013 designated swim dates at Sparks Marina...
- May 25 to 27 - 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- June 1 and 2, June 8 to August 11 - 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- July 4 - 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- August 17 and 18, August 24 and 25 - 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- August 31 to September 2 - 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sparks Marina Swimming Rules
Direct questions and comments to the Alf Sorensen Community Center by calling (775) 353-2385. If there is an emergency, call 911.
- Do not distract the lifeguards while they are working.
- Children under eight years of age must have an adult with them at all times.
- A good safety precaution is to keep children within arm's reach when in or near the water.
- Floating toys, rafts, noodles, etc. cannot be used in place of swimming ability or for water safety purposes.
- Groups of 25 or more must make a reservation.
- If not rented, shade areas are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Swimming Hours and Dates at Deer Park Pool in Sparks
Deer Park Pool is open from 12 noon to 4:30 p.m. on these dates in 2013...
- May 25 to 27
- June 8 to August 11
- August 17 and 18
- August 24 and 25
- August 31 to September 2
Swimming Lessons in Sparks
Sparks Parks and Recreation offers a variety of swimming lessons, from the basics of learning to swim to American Red Cross lifeguard training. Get the details and learn how to sign up from City of Sparks Aquatics / Swimming, or call (775) 353-2385.
Bowers Mansion Pool in Washoe Valley
After being closed for several years, the pool at Bowers Mansion Regional Park will be open during the summer of 2013. Open dates will be June 8 through August 18. The pool is open from 12 noon to 5 p.m., every day of the week.
Swimming Pool in Sun Valley
The Sun Valley General Improvement Districts operates the Norma G. Fink Pool Complex at 115 W. 6th Avenue, Sun Valley (out Clear Acre Lane just north of downtown Reno). The pool is open Wednesday through Sunday, from 12 noon to 5 p.m. Admission is $4.50 for adults, $3.50 for youth and seniors.
Sources: Cities of Reno and Sparks, Nevada, Sun Valley General Improvement District, Washoe County Parks.