About the Reno Rainbow Fest
The Reno Rainbow Fest is a celebration of diversity and equality hosted by Reno's GLBT (gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender) community. Major sponsors include Harrah's Reno, Artown, and Intuit. The first Reno Gay Pride celebration in Reno, founded by Kaye Crawford, was held in 1997. The annual Reno Rainbow Fest is an offshoot of that event.
Fest events and entertainment are geared to the gay community, but everyone is invited to participate. There will be a lineup of music and other performers on the Wingfield Park Amphitheater stage, a number of parties at various venues, plus a shuttle crawl to some of Reno's gay bars.
Attending the Reno Rainbow Fest
The 2012 Reno Rainbow Fest will be held during Artown on Saturday, July 28. The main venue is Wingfield Park, on the Truckee River in downtown Reno. The Fest runs from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. and the entry fee is $5. There will be live entertainment all day on the Wingfield Park Amphitheater Stage, along with exhibitor booths, an Artists' Row, and a Youth Dance Tent.
3rd Annual CommUNITY Pride Parade
The CommUNITY Pride Parade will make its way along the Riverwalk starting at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, July 28, and end at Wingfield Park where the Reno Rainbow Fest will begin. It's free to watch the parade and join in if you are so moved.
Entertainment at Wingfield Park
There will be food, drink, and merchandise vendors to browse while enjoying live entertainment. The featured entertainer will be country music recording artist Lacy J. Dalton, with other acts including...
- Matt Zarley
- Rendezvous w/ Cool Beans
- Ethel Merman Experience
- Xavier Toscano
- Taryn Thru U
- Kaylah Marin and Tasha Kame
- DJ Haute Mess
- Reno Taiko Tsurunokai
- Utility Players
- Reno's Biggest Little Sisters
- Nevada Gay Mens Chorus
- Go-Go Boy and Go-Go Girl
Reno Rainbow Fest Events for Adults
Except for the community activities in Wingfield Park on Saturday, July 28, the Reno Rainbow Fest is geared to adults, as this list shows. Get more information and details from the official Reno Rainbow Fest Events.
- Welcome Party at Harrah's Reno Hotel and Casino - 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., July 27.
- Rainbow Fest Bar Crawl - begins at 8 p.m. at Harrah's Reno, July 27.
- Rainbow Fest Kickoff "V" Party at Tronix - begins at 10 p.m., 18+ featuring DJ Teddy P, July 27.
- Splash Pool Party featuring Live Music by Rendezvous w/ Cool Beans and other entertainment - 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., at Harrah's Reno Hotel and Casino, July 28
- Rainbow Party with DJ Haute Mess and Go-Go Dancers - begins at 10:30 p.m., 5-Star Saloon, July 28.
Sponsor and Vendor Information
More About GLBT in Reno
Source: Reno Rainbow Fest.