You can get your Italian music fix and more at the Eldorado Great Italian Festival in Reno. During both days of the Festival, a number of acts will provide a variety of musical and other free entertainment on two stages. Just show up and enjoy.
In addition to the scheduled shows listed below, there will be a variety of performers and musicians strolling the streets. You never know what to expect, so expect some delightful entertainment wherever you happen to be during the Eldorado Great Italian Festival.
Free Entertainment at the Eldorado Great Italian Festival
Here is the 2013 entertainment schedule for both stages and both days of the 32nd Annual Eldorado Great Italian Festival on Saturday, October 5 and Sunday, October 6. The Rome Stage is at 4th Street and Virginia Street. The Venice Stage is at 3rd Street and Virginia Street. All entertainment on both stages is free to enjoy.
Rome Stage - Saturday, October 5
- 9:30 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. - Nevada Opera
- 10:30 a.m. to 12 noon - Michael Barimo
- 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. - Tre Bella
- 2 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. - Grease (performers from the current show in the Eldorado)
- 2:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. - Moreno Fruzzetti
- 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. Ray Massa's Eurorhythms
- 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. - Bella Ciao
- 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Michael Barimo
- 1:15 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. - Grease (performers from the current show in the Eldorado)
- 1:45 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. - Ray Massa's Eurorhythms
- 3:45 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. - Moreno Fruzzetti
- 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. - Martin Bonventre
- 12 noon to 1:30 p.m. - Ray Massa's Eurorhythms
- 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. - Bella Ciao
- 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. - Capuano n' T Rock (Direct from Italy)
- 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. - Primo Basso Band
- 12 noon to 1:30 p.m. - Tre Bella
- 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. - Martin Bonventre
- 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. - Capuano n' T Rock (Direct from Italy)
Eldorado Great Italian Festival Street ClosuresThe Eldorado Great Italian Festival results in numerous street closures in downtown Reno. To save yourself some time and hassle, refer to the downtown Reno road closures and restrictions map before driving to the city center during the festival. This map is also good for showing traffic restrictions during other special events held in downtown Reno.
More Italian Festivals in the United States
While Reno's Great Italian Festival is among the nation's largest and most famous, it is far from the only one. The About.com guide to Italy Travel has compiled a good list of "Italian Festivals in the United States" for your enjoyment should you be in any of these areas at the right time.
Sources: Eldorado Hotel Casino, Reno Tahoe USA.