Updated September 22, 2009These Reno videos and pictures are a fun way to see some of the events and activities available around the Reno / Tahoe region. I don't even pretend to be a video movie maker (still photography is my thing), but my amateur efforts will give you a glimpse of the many things Reno residents and visitors have to see and do.
Reno River FestivalThe Reno River Festival started as a little gathering of kayakers to play around in Reno's then new Truckee River Whitewater Park. It's grown into one of Reno's biggest and, in my opinion, best events. This party has fun for everyone and you don't even have to get wet.
- Kayaking and Fun at the Reno River Festival
- Reno River Festival Kayaking Action
- Reno River Festival Kayaking Practice
- Reno River Festival Pictures
- Reno River Festival Run Amuck Pictures
Tour de Nez Bicycle RaceThe Tour de Nez has become a standard event in Reno. Bike racing through the streets of downtown Reno is a fun and exciting thing to behold.
Great Reno Balloon RaceThe Great Reno Balloon Race can't be beat for its awesome display of color over Rancho San Rafael Park in Reno. The Mass Ascension is an amazing sight to behold.
- Great Reno Balloon Race Mass Ascension 1
- Great Reno Balloon Race Mass Ascension 2
- Great Reno Balloon Race Mass Ascension 3
- Great Reno Balloon Race Pictures
Reno Air RacesThe Reno National Championship Air Races and Air Show is a whole series of activities centered around the actual air racing. The air show consists of performances by multiple aeronautical aces. There is always a headliner, which in the past has included the US Navy Blue Angels, the USAF Thunderbirds, and the Canadian Forces Snowbirds.
- Blue Angels solo pilots passing
- Blue Angels Takeoff Roll at the Reno Air Races
- Grandstand crowd at the Reno Air Races
- Gear-down pass by the Blue Angels
- Reno Air Races & Air Show Pictures
Reno's ArtownArtown has established Reno as one of the outstanding arts and cultural centers in the West. With hundreds of free events every July, Artown is both a visual feast and delight for those who want to participate in a wide variety of artistic creation.
- Controlled Burn at Artown
- Controlled Burn Lights Up the Artown Night
- Fire Dancing in the Celtic Forest at Reno's Artown
- Controlled Burn Fire Dancers at Artown
- Artown Pictures
Reno RodeoThe Reno Rodeo is really a whole series of events, from the traditional arena contests between man and beast to the downtown Reno Rodeo Parade. The Reno Rodeo Cattle Drive brings a demonstration of what it was like to punch cows across the outback of the Wild West.
- Reno Rodeo Cattle Drive Video
- Reno Rodeo Parade Pictures
- Reno Rodeo Cattle Drive Pictures
- Reno Rodeo Chalk the Walk Streetpainting Festival
Reno Aces BaseballThe Reno Aces Triple-A baseball team has brought a whole new form of family fun to Reno. The new Aces Stadium is a first-class venue that thousands of people enjoyed during the 2009 inaugural season. I followed stadium construction from the official groundbreaking to opening day.
- Reno Aces Baseball Stadium infield construction
- Reno Aces Baseball Stadium Under Construction, 1/22/09
- Reno Aces Baseball Stadium construction, 2/19/09
- Reno Aces Baseball Stadium construction, 3/17/09
- Laying of home plate at the Reno Aces baseball stadium
- Reno Aces baseball stadium exterior taking shape
- Reno Aces baseball stadium gets grass - a panorama
- Media tour day at the Reno Aces baseball stadium - 4/7/09
- Hometown crowd fills new Reno Aces Ballpark - 4/17/09
- Reno Aces Ballpark full house on opening day - 4/17/09
- Reno Aces Baseball Stadium Construction Pictures
Rink on the RiverRink on the River is the downtown Reno place for family fun during the winter. Conditions permitting, Rink on the River operates from Thanksgiving into February. It's located between City Hall and the Truckee River. Reno's Holiday Tree is installed next to the Rink, brightening up the chilly winter months.
- Sunny Day at Rink on the River
- Night at Rink on the River 1
- Night at Rink on the River 2
- Rink on the River Pictures
Reno at NightDowntown Reno at night is a mix of gaudy casino lights along Virginia Street and peaceful reflections in the Truckee River as it flows along the Riverwalk.
Sierra Nevada Snow SkiingFrom Reno, it's easy access to some of the best ski resorts and snow skiing areas right up the road at Lake Tahoe.
- Squaw Valley USA Ski Area 1
- Squaw Valley USA Ski Area 2
- Squaw Valley USA Ski Area Pictures
- Alpine Meadows Ski Area Pictures