Presidents' Day is Monday, February 17. It's the holiday set aside to celebrate the birthdays of two of our greatest presidents, George Washington and Abraham Lincoln. As a holiday from daily life, though, it doesn't do much for most folks, unless you work for local, state, or federal governments, the library, or the banks. Most of those places will be closed on Monday. You also get a day off if you are a student in the Washoe County School District. Reno recreation facilities will be shut down as well...
Mount Rushmore National Memorial in the Black Hills of South Dakota. Photo © Stan White
- Northwest Pool - Closed
- Evelyn Mount Northeast Community Center & Pool - Closed
- Neil Road Recreation Center - Closed
- Teglia's Paradise Park Activity Center - Closed
- McKinley Arts & Culture Center - Closed
- Southside Cultural Center - Closed
- Sibayan R.E.C. - Closed
- Rosewood Lakes Golf Course - Closed for the season
Should you have the need, you'll still be able to conduct some business online. Check out Reno.gov to see what's available.
One place that will be open on Presidents' Day is The Discovery in Reno. If you need something to do with kids on a day off from school, this interactive museum is ideal. The Discovery will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Get more Reno / Tahoe information:- Receive the Reno / Tahoe Newsletter.
- Speak up on the Reno / Tahoe Discussion Forum.
- Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.