Museum Day Live! is on Saturday, September 28. This event, sponsored by Smithsonian Magazine, provides for free admission to participating museums and cultural venues across the country. Several of these happen to be in the Reno area, plus other parts of Nevada and nearby northern California.
Gold-plated DeLorean at the National Automobile Museum in Reno, Nevada.
Photo © Stan White
You can search for a museum by using your address as a starting point or by state. You'll get a list of Museum Day Live! museums from which to choose. To receive your ticket for two, fill out the online form and it will be emailed to you. Print it and take a friend for free admission for two to the site you selected. Note that the ticket is not valid for special exhibits, parking, IMAX movies, or for use with any other offers.
Here are the Reno / Tahoe area museums offering free admission...
- National Automobile Museum (Reno) (Reno)
- Sheppard Contemporary (Reno, UNR campus)
- Nevada State Museum (Carson City)
- Historic Fourth Ward School (Virginia City)
These museums are located in other parts of the Silver State...
- Beatty Museum and Historical Society (Beatty)
- Boulder City Hoover Dam Museum (Boulder City)
- College of Southern Nevada Planetarium (North Las Vegas)
- Lost City Museum (Overton)
- McGill Historical Drug Store (McGill)
- Nevada Northern Railway National Historic Landmark (Ely)
- The Burlesque Hall of Fame (Las Vegas)
- White Pine Public Museum (Ely)
Get more Reno / Tahoe information:- Receive the Reno / Tahoe Newsletter.
- Speak up on the Reno / Tahoe Discussion Forum.
- Follow me on Twitter.