Saturday, July 20, is a free admission day at all seven Nevada State museums. Three of them just happen to be right here in northern Nevada.
Nevada State Railroad Museum in Carson City, Nevada.
Photo © Stan White
Nevada State museums are celebrating expanded operations, new exhibits, and special programs throughout the summer. Train rides at the two railroad museums will be half price. Visitors will also enjoy a promotion for Nevada's upcoming 150th statehood anniversary. You can enter a contest to win a Nevada Sesquicentennial, Battle Born - Nevada Proud souvenir license plate. Entries are being accepted from July 1 through September 2, 2013.
Here are the Nevada State museums located in the Reno / northern Nevada region...
- Nevada Historical Society (Reno)
- Nevada State Museum (Carson City)
- Nevada State Railroad Museum (Carson City)
These museums are located in other parts of the Silver State...
- Nevada State Railroad Museum (Boulder City)
- Nevada State Museum (Las Vegas)
- Lost City Museum (Overton)
- East Ely Depot (Ely)
Get more Reno / Tahoe information:- Receive the Reno / Tahoe Newsletter.
- Speak up on the Reno / Tahoe Discussion Forum.
- Follow me on Twitter.