Chinese New Year celebrations around Reno / Tahoe include both adult and family-friendly activities to help bring in the Year of the Snake. Here are a couple of things to do, but there are several more...
At the Eldorado in Reno, The Buffet will be serving authentic Chinese food from February 10 through 17. For a real Chinese treat, see the White Crane Lion Dancers make their way through the casino on February 16, 17, and 18. My article has performance times.
On Saturday, February 23, families and children can enjoy the annual Chinese New Year celebration at the Children's Museum of Northern Nevada in Carson City. There will be dancers, demonstrations, and various arts, crafts, and cultural activities. The Children's Museum of Northern Nevada is at 813 N. Carson Street, Carson City. Events start at 10 a.m. Admission is $3 for children, $5 for adults. Once inside, all activities are free.
More Upcoming Reno / Tahoe Happenings:
- Free family entertainment at "Come in from the Cold" on Saturday evenings into March.
- Check out all the free fun and activities at the Washoe County Library.
- The Nevada Museum of Art always has outstanding exhibits and family events and activities. Check out what's going on during February.
- The Reno Bighorns will be in town for a series of home games at the Reno Events Center. The dates are February 10, 18, 21, 22, and 24. Refer to the Reno Bighorns schedule for details.
Get more Reno / Tahoe information:- Receive the Reno / Tahoe Newsletter.
- Speak up on the Reno / Tahoe Discussion Forum.
- Follow me on Twitter.