On Sunday, September, 30, bring the family to Galena Creek Visitor Center and Recreation Area for Galena Fest 2012. The day will feature a wide variety of activities, with something everyone will find fun.
Galena Creek Visitor Center.
Logo image courtesy Galena Creek Visitor Center
The Festival part of the event (which is free) will have music from local bands Jelly Bread and 7 Days Gone. There will be food and a beer garden, Art in the Park, and a Big Fish contest for the kids.
The main events will be The Bloody Rose Mountain Bike Climb, The Wicked Thorn trail run, and The Fun Run for those who want a shorter course and more leisurely pace. Each of these requires registration and there is a fee. You can register online ahead of time or at Galena Creek on the day of the event. Proceeds from Galena Fest 2012 will be used to contribute to new trail construction and support many youth programs such as Camp WeChMe.
Here is the day's schedule. Visit the Galena Fest website for more details.
- 7 a.m. - Open & Race Day Registration
- 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. - Food & Vendor Terrace
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Art in the Park and The Big Fish Contest
- 8:30 a.m. - The Bloody Rose competitive mountain bike climb start
- 9 a.m. - The Wicked Thorn running race start
- 10:30 a.m. - The Fun Run
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. - Festival with live music
- 1 p.m. - Awards and Special Thanks
Galena Creek Visitor Center and Recreation Area is part of Galena Creek Regional Park, located 18350 Mt. Rose Highway in south Reno. For more information, call (775) 853-4050 or (775) 813-7136.
Source: Galena Fest.
Get more Reno / Tahoe information:- Receive the Reno / Tahoe Newsletter.
- Speak up on the Reno / Tahoe Discussion Forum.
- Follow me on Twitter.