When you are planning a vacation and looking for places to visit this summer, you just might find the ideal destination right here among "Nevada's Top Treasures."
Petroglyphs at Valley of Fire, a Nevada State Park east of Las Vegas.
Photo © Stan White
The picks in my "Nevada's Top Treasures" article were chosen by Nevadans in the recently concluded Discover Your Nevada contest sponsored by the Nevada Commission on Tourism. The idea behind the campaign is to get Nevada residents to explore and be tourists in their own state, discovering and enjoying why nearly 50 million out-of-state tourists flock to Nevada every year. The top two finalists in each tourism region rose to the top from among nearly 600 nominated.
Here are the winners, but I can testify from experience that these are just a small sample of the amazing things you can see and do in every part of Nevada...
- Cowboy Country - Star Hotel - Restaurant
- Indian Territory - Pyramid Lake
- Nevada Silver Trails - Goldwell Open Air Museum
- Las Vegas Territory - Valley of Fire State Park
- Reno - Tahoe Territory - Dangberg Home Ranch Historic Park
- Pony Express Territory - Nevada Northern Railway
For more ideas about things to do and see around Reno and Nevada, check out my Visiting & Tourism section on RenoTahoe.About.com.
Get more Reno / Tahoe information:- Receive the Reno / Tahoe Newsletter.
- Speak up on the Reno / Tahoe Discussion Forum.
- Follow me on Twitter.