The monthly event for families and kids at the Nevada Museum of Art - hands/ON! on 2nd Saturdays - will be this weekend on July 14. It's also a day of free admission for everyone.
Nevada Museum of Art
Photo © Stan White
For July, the theme of hands/ON! is "Pottery and Patterns: Pinch, Pull, Play." It goes along with the current exhibit titled Southwest Pottery - From Anasazi to Zuni: Selections from the Brenda and John Blom Collection. Here is the schedule for hands/ON! in July...
- 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. - Create your own Clay Pinch Pot
- 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. - Create your own Pattern Bookmarks
- 10:30 a.m. & 11 a.m. - Storytelling in the Gallery
- 11 a.m. & 2 p.m. - Kick Start Art: Guided Tour-- Southwest Pottery: From Anasazi to Zuni
- 2:30 p.m. & 3 p.m. - Storytelling in the Gallery
Free admission to hands/ON! on 2nd Saturdays includes all current exhibits at the Nevada Museum of Art as well. Be sure to check out the exhibits and other events at the only accredited art museum in Nevada.
Regular admission is $10 general, $8 for students and seniors, $1 for children 6 to 12, and free for members and children 5 and under. NMA hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday. The Nevada Museum of Art is located at 160 W. Liberty Street in downtown Reno.
Source: Nevada Museum of Art.
Get more Reno / Tahoe information:- Receive the Reno / Tahoe Newsletter.
- Speak up on the Reno / Tahoe Discussion Forum.
- Follow me on Twitter.